Honey Drum Design Challenge
Alberta’s Next Top Honey Drum Designer
Drum roll for all Alberta creative designers out there looking for a unique design challenge that will allow them to showcase their creative range and expertise on a sweet new medium….
The Alberta Beekeepers Commission is excited to launch a brand new creative design challenge where the winning designer will have their unique design wrapped around a drum of pure, local, Alberta honey!
Not only will you have your design and branding featured on a drum full of one of Alberta’s sweetest commodities, but the drum will then be auctioned off at our annual beekeeping event where all the funds raised will go towards supporting honey bee health and the sustainability of the Alberta beekeeping industry.
WIN A SWEET PRIZE PACK VALUED AT OVER $300!
As well as sweet bragging rights, the winning designer will also win this great prize pack valued at over $300:
- Two flats of custom brewed Alberta beer, made with 100% pure Alberta honey (Buzz Buzz & After Swarm)
- 2 ‘Honey Bee Pollination Tour’ t-shirts
- Custom ‘5 of Bees’ Len Thompson fishing lures
- $100 gift voucher
- And lot’s of pure, local, Alberta honey!
Sharing Alberta’s sweet side – the creative brief:
- We are looking for a design that tells a unique story about the amazing, pure, local honey crafted right here in Alberta by our dedicated beekeepers and healthy honey bees.
- The design can include any elements of the beekeeping/honey industry (examples include bees, beekeepers, hives, honey, forage, flowers, pollination etc.)
- Drum specs: Finished size – barrel diameter 23.75″; Barrel Height: 34″. Flat Size: 38″ x 78″ (includes bleeds for wrapping around rolling hoops). Colours – CMYK.
- Branding to be included: Your logo, the ABC logo, and the Mauser Packaging logo. Download logo files: ABC Logo | Mauser Logo
- Entries open May 15, 2023
- Entries close at midnight on September 30, 2023
To enter, please complete the form below and upload your design/s!
- You may submit more than one design. You may upload multiple design submissions under one entry (to a max of 4 designs).
- There will only be ONE winning design selected.
- Design submissions can be in PDF, JPEG or PNG files. Low-res files accepted for for judging purposes, with hi-res print file to be provide by winner upon selection. If the file is unable to be printed to print specifications, ABC reserves the right to select another winner.
- All submissions may be shared on ABC social media to promote designer and competition.
- Must be 18+ to enter
- All entries will be judged by our ABC board of directors (Alberta beekeepers) based on a set of predetermined criteria. Judges decision is final.
- Winner will be contacted via email, and winning entry will be shared across social media and announced in the Alberta Bee News Magazine.