• monthly issues of the Alberta Bee News
• participate in ABC annual general meetings and special Commission meetings
• vote in elections, plebiscites, and on other matters as appropriate
• hold office as a Director on the Alberta Beekeepers Commission Board of Directors
• direct and support research essential to bee health, honey production and sustainability
• advocacy and support on issues that impact the honey industry
• complimentary employment classified ad in Alberta Bee News magazine and online
• discounted public liability insurance
As per the Alberta Beekeepers Commission Regulation, (2(1.1)) Every producer with 100 or more colonies in Alberta must pay to the Commission a service charge of $200.00 plus $1.35 per colony per year.
The Alberta Beekeepers Commission is a refundable commission under the Marketing of Agricultural Products Act. This fee is refundable upon written application to Alberta Beekeepers Commission. To request a refund, please download, complete, and return the form by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to the Commission by October 31st of the year in which you receive the service levy charge.