Starting with the 2017-18 crop year, every producer with 100 or more colonies in Alberta must pay a service charge of $50, plus $1.05 per colony, per year (plus GST) to the Alberta Beekeepers Commission. Service charges are due and payable on or before September 30th of each year. Membership is established based on data received from Alberta Agriculture and Forestry for each crop year, which runs from September 1st to August 31st.
• monthly issues of the Alberta Bee News
• attend annual Commission meetings and special Commission meetings
• vote in elections, plebiscites, and on other matters as appropriate
• hold office as a Director on the Alberta Beekeepers Commission Board of Directors
• direct and support research essential to bee health, honey production and sustainability
• advocacy and support on issues that impact the honey industry
• complimentary classified advertising in Alberta Bee News and online
• discounted public liability insurance
• discounted tickets to the annual ABC Conference and trade show
The Alberta Beekeepers Commission is a refundable commission under the Marketing of Agricultural Products Act. This fee is refundable upon written application to Alberta Beekeepers Commission. To request a refund, please download, complete, and return the form by email (email@example.com) or mail to the Commission by October 31st.