2021: Year of the Beekeeper
The ABC is excited to announce that we are nominating 2021 the ‘Year of the Beekeeper’
The ‘Year of the Beekeeper’ aims to recognize and celebrate the amazing passion and commitment Alberta beekeepers and their families invest in ensuring our bees are healthy, our industry is sustainable, and all Canadians and the world can enjoy the amazing flavours and benefits of pure Alberta honey.
To highlight this, each month we will be featuring a new image of beekeepers ‘doing what they do best’ on the cover of Alberta Bee News magazine. To do this, we need your support!
We want you to submit your best hi-res photos of your experiences of beekeeping in Alberta.
The only criteria for images is that they must include people, and must have been taken in Alberta. That’s it!
We are accepting submissions now!
Ideas for images include historical images of your family beekeeping, beekeeping in the field, the seasonal challenges/highlights of beekeeping in Alberta, unique and beautiful bee yard locations, pulling honey…. The ideas are endless!
So start looking through your photos now, and remember to capture lots of photos throughout the coming season so you can be in the running to have your image featured on the cover of Alberta Bee News magazine, and help to showcase the diversity, passion and expertise of beekeepers and beekeeping in Alberta.
And if you’re not a beekeeper from Alberta, that’s ok, we still want you to champion the 2021 Year of the Beekeeper (#2021YearoftheBeekeeper) campaign by sharing your images of beekeeping in Canada from across the provinces and territories, and celebrate the diversity, passion, and commitment of Canadian beekeepers to supporting a sustainable, healthy beekeeping industry and producing pure Canadian honey and hive products.
For images that don’t make the cover of Alberta Bee News, don’t fret, we will be sure to highlight submitted images on our social channels throughout the year via Facebook and Instagram.
- Image must include people, and must have been taken in Alberta
- Entries must be submitted by email in jpg format (300 dpi minimum)
- Please send all submissions to email@example.com.
- We’re accepting submission between January 1, 2021 through to November 15, 2021. Feel free to submit multiple submissions throughout the year.
- Please use the email subject line: 2021 Year of the Beekeeper
- Please include the following information in the body of your email: Name of photographer or person submitting the image (for image credit), and any information or details about the image (to provide context). Image credit will be include within the magazine if published.
- All entries become the property of the ABC to be used and reproduced at the discretion of the ABC (for example, in Alberta Bee News Magazine, shared on social media, or in promotional material).
- If published, credit will be given to the photographer, or person who submitted the photo/image.