Public Liability Insurance
In partnership with the Alberta Beekeepers Commission, the Cooperators General insurance Company provides a limited for of business liability to subscribing Producers.
Confirmation of what is covered:
- The liability policy provided by the Cooperators provides General Liability to active Producers of the Commission but is strictly restricted to the sales of raw honey products only. No sales or manufacturing of honey and related products, such as candies, lip balms, lotions, etc., is covered by this liability policy.
- This insurance to not provide products liability coverage
- Coverage is extended to trade shows and farmers markets if the trade show relates to the Alberta Beekeepers Commission operations and if the client is negligent, the policy will provide coverage under Liability Coverage for Property and Bodily Injury Damage, subject to Claims to determine at that point.
- Bee Stings may be covered if it relates to the beekeeping operation and the client is deemed negligent, the policy will potentially provide coverage under Coverage A: Bodily Injury, subject to Claims to determine at that point
Prior to insurance coverage being confirmed, please complete this questionnaire with signature and return to the Alberta Beekeepers Commission contact representative.
- Producers with up to 200 Hives $63.00 per year
- Producers with 201 Hive and more $97.00 per year
Premiums to be remitted to The Alberta Beekeepers Commission. (Insurance premiums in Alberta are not subject to GST to sales tax).
Click here to download the full Commercial General Liability Document.